Contact: Julie Broadway
American Horse Council
For Immediate Release
AHC announces October 28th Virtual Congressional Fly-in
(Washington, D.C., September 28, 2021): The American Horse Council (AHC) will hold its annual fly-in VIRTUALLY on Thursday, October 28, 2021 beginning at 9:30 AM ET. A series of industry advocates and congressional staff will be available to meet with attendees to hear their thoughts, suggestions, opinions, and feedback on issues.
This event is open to anyone who would like to learn about advocacy, hear about the federal legislative and regulatory issues affecting the US equine community, and meet with congressional members and staff to discuss the issues.
- Meetings with congressional offices, industry executives and advocates
- Helping American’s veterans with Equine Assisted Services.
Office of Rep. Andy Barr (R-KY) – 9:30 AM
- Guest Workers – We need them, but can we get them?
Office of Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD) – 10:00 AM
- What’s happening with Tax policy?
Office of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) – 11:00 AM
- Can another state’s legislative issues affect me? Case Studies… 11:30 AM
Prop 16 (CO)- TBD, CAFO Challenges (CA)- Julie Beeman, and Rodeo Ban (CA)-Scott Dorenkamp
- What is the status of the Horse Protection Act & PAST Act?
Office of Rep. Kurt Schrader (D-OR) – 2:00 PM
- What is the Congressional Horse Caucus and what are its priorities?
Office of Rep. Paul Tonko (D-NY) – 2:30 PM
- Updates from the US Dept. of Agriculture
Oscar Gonzales, Asst. Secretary USDA – 3:00 PM
- How to get the biggest bang from Great American Outdoors Act?
Brenda Yankoviak – USFS National Trails Program Manager 3:30 PM
Several other congressional offices have also been invited to participate.
To register simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact information. We’ll send you a zoom link and information packet to prepare you for the event. Registration deadline is Wednesday, Oct 27th at noon ET.
If you have questions, contact American Horse Council President Julie Broadway at email@example.com
About the American Horse Council
As the national association representing all segments of the horse industry in Washington, D.C., the American Horse Council works daily to represent equine interests and opportunities.