Contact: Julie Broadway
American Horse Council
For Immediate Release
AHC Launches surveys for Members and Non-Members
(Washington, D.C., August 1, 2022): Beginning August 1, 2022 the American Horse Council is launching two surveys to solicit thoughts and opinions from both AHC members and the equine community at-large.
August 1- August 15 – AHC members will receive an email directing them to a survey to help collect information regarding their legislative and regulatory priorities. Sample questions include:
- What are your top legislative priorities? (rank) Tax; Immigration; Horse slaughter/welfare; Soring; Trails maintenance/support; other
- What are your top regulatory priorities? (rank) Import/export of horses; Disease mitigation; Land use; Transportation; Wild horse & Burro issues; other
Each week starting August 1, through AHC social media channels (FaceBook & Twitter) followers will be asked to respond to one question to collect their thoughts and opinions on specific topics. These questions are open to members and non-members. Examples for August include:
- Week #1: What is the number one issue facing the equine industry that needs immediate attention? And how would you suggest it be addressed?
- Week #2: What is your position on allowing horses to be shipped to Canada/Mexico?
If the SAFE Act were implemented and horses could no longer be shipped across the borders, who/how would you address the 30,000 unwanted horses per year that will need assistance/housing?
- Week #3: What specific occupation in the equine industry needs to be professionalized the most?
- Week #4” What is your “go-to” source for information about what’s happening in the horse industry?
About the American Horse Council
As the national association representing all segments of the horse industry in Washington, D.C., the American Horse Council works daily to represent equine interests and opportunities. Learn more at www.horsecouncil.org